Marco Polo Advanced Single RC Aircraft Recovery System
Marco Polo now brings the advantages of the Advanced tracking tags to the RC tracking arena. Waterproof to IP67 standards and housed in a durable, crush-proof, polycarbonate enclosure, the Advanced RC Aircraft Recovery System provides the ultimate in crash survivability. Simply attach the compact and lightweight tag transceiver to your RC Aircraft, turn it on, and you're ready to fly!
Each Marco Polo system supports up to three tag transceivers (system can track one transceiver tag at a time).
- Hand-held locator with wrist strap
- One transceiver tag (system supports up to three tags – additional tags sold separately).
- Single tag mounting kit (mounting holder, strut adapter, 3 pcs. zip-ties, 4 pcs. M2.6×6 screws, adhhesive-backed velcro strip and double-sided adhesive strip).
- Plug-in charger adapter and Micro-USB cable for locator and transceiver tag recharging.
- User reference manual
Supplied with a versatile mounting system, the Advanced RC tracking tag can be mounted in a variety of ways. The tracking tag can mount directly to the structure of your aircraft using the supplied Velcro or with zip-ties, or you can use the supplied clip-in holder. The clip-in holder can be permanently mounted and the tracking tag inserted when needed – this makes removal for charging quick and easy and allows you to move the tracking tag between aircraft by purchasing additional holders (sold separately). The holder can be mounted to flat surfaces with double backed tape, Velcro or screws. For rounded surfaces, such as landing struts, the supplied strut adapter can be used with zip-ties to mount the holder. The strut adapter can be mounted to the holder either horizontally or vertically to give added flexibility in choosing the best location for the tracking tag. Quickly and easily track, locate and recover wayward RC models with the Marco Polo RC Model Recovery System.
Should you lose control of your RC Aircraft, just put your Marco Polo hand-held locator into track mode. The locator will immediately search for the tag transceiver, acquire the signal and give you real-time direction and distance to your aircraft. Just walk, following the arrow and Marco Polo will lead you right to your aircraft, within inches if necessary. If the tag transceiver is initially out of range you can walk or drive around until you come within range and the locator will then guide you directly to the location of your aircraft.
- Simple to setup and use, single button-push to begin searching for lost RC aircraft with real-time distance and direction feedback
- Works anywhere, totally self-contained, no GPS or cell network required, no monthly service contracts, ideal for remote areas
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery transceiver tag gives you up to 15 days to find your lost model
- Super small, compact tag transceiver easily fits on even small RC aircraft, weighs only 42 g (.8 oz.)
- Does not interfere with RC radios – Marco Polo only transmits when you activate search mode from the handheld locator
- Great solution for recovering model rockets as well
Specifications:System Radio Frequency Operational Specs.
- Method – Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) 50 Channels
- Band: ISM 902.5 Mhz. – 906.5 Mhz.
- License Requirements: ISM/unlicensed, operates under FCC Part 15 Section 247
- Modulation: FSK
- Single Frequency Dwell Time: 50 msec. once every 4 mins.
- Receiver Sensitivity: -125 dBm
- Communications Coding: Data coding and forward error correction allow the system to operate with a BER as low as 1:10, significantly improving overall system range.
Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical
† Ranges shown are typical under controlled testing. Your results will vary with your actual conditions.
Up to 3 transceiver tags per Locator
Internal audible alarm
External siren alarm (optional)
External auto dialer (optional – requires telco landline)
Locator Physical Specifications
Height: 6 in. (152 mm)
Width: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
Depth: 1.5 in. (44 mm)
Weight: 7.8 oz. (221 g)
Locator Battery and Charge Capacity†
Rechargeable Li•ion battery (included)
3 days when in continuous tracking mode
8 hours in searching mode
3 days in monitor mode
† Battery charge life values shown are typical. Your experience may vary with your actual use, battery age and ambient temperature.
Tag Transceiver Physical Specifications
- Height: 2 in. (51 mm) - not including 3.1 in. (79 mm) flex antenna
- Width: 1.375 in. (35 mm)
- Depth: .75 in. (19 mm)
- Weight: .8 oz. (23 g), 1 oz. (29 g) including clip-in holder and strut adapter
Tag Transceiver Battery and Charge Capacity†
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery, included (non-user serviceable)
- 15 days idle mode
- 3 days tracking mode
- 45 days monitor mode
Tag Transceiver Weatherproofing